Monday, April 1, 2013

Can't Let Go Alteration

Good morning.  Hope everyone had a nice Easter weekend.  Ours was great!  We went to church and had an egg hunt after service.  From there, went to a relatives house for a get together.  Today is April Fools.  It's a good thing my daughters don't know about that yet.  They can be little pranksters sometimes.  This is an eventful week.  I live on the Big Island and Merry Monarch is in full swing.  For those of you who don't know, it's the biggest hula competition held annually.  Halaus (dancing groups) come from all over the globe to compete.  It lasts the whole week.  There are craft fairs and other events that accompany The Merry Monarch.  The roads are packed and the stores and local places are full of visitors.  Besides this event, we have a couple family birthdays and one more next week, dentist appt. tommorrow for both girls, and a family vacation this weekend to pack for.  I have two more scheduled posts for this week and none the following.  I should have something posted again by next weekend.

Today, I am showing Can't Let Go-a liquid sand shade from the January release of the Mariah Carey collection. I like wearing it on its own for the "sand" effect, but after a couple days I wanted to change it up a bit. I applied a coat of NYX Girls Dreamy Glitter. I chose it because of the star glitter similar to that in The Impossible liquid sand. The Impossible is the only liquid sand that has star glitter. I think it would have been great if all four had some kind of shaped glitter in it (diamonds, hearts, etc.). After applying Dreamy Glitter, it was too shiny for what I was going for and added two coats of Revlon Matte Top coat. The result looked pretty unique and I got a lot of comments on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment