Monday, April 15, 2013

Euro? Not Euro.

I'm referring to the OPI Euro Central. Such beautiful colors! The design I did looks like it could be from the Euro Central collection. Only one of the colors actually is. I wanted to do an Autism Awareness design and this is what I came up with.

I started with one coat of Sinful Colors Sweet Nothing. It is a dupe for Can't Find My Czechbook. I'm saving my teeny tiny bottle of the actual polish. Sweet Nothing applies slightly thick and one coat was enough for this gradient. I also have to say that this was the tidiest painting that I have ever done.   Barely any polish got on my cuticles. The irony was that this was a gradient and getting polish on my cuticles is a given. I did want to keep the neatness up and brushed on cuticle oil before sponging the colors on. I then used a napkin to wipe off the oil right after each finger was sponged. No fuss cleanup.
The purple used is the actual You're Such A BudPest. Sinful colors did have a dupe in their Sugar Rush set. I now wish I had grabbed the two purples from that set when I saw it.
For the stamping, I did try using Eurso Euro. The result was too light. To achieve that same blue in the bottle, I pulled out Revlon Moon Candy in Galactic.  Perfect. The glitter on my pointer and pinkie is obviously not Polka.com. It is Spolied in Trust Fund Baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment