Saturday, June 30, 2012

Just Spotted the....Giraffe?

This is my second attempt with the new 2012 Bundle Monster plates.  The first I used the puzzle design that didn't fully transfer.  I think the plate is fine.  It was just the stamper and the selected polish that was the problem.  This manicure is from plate BM-313.  I used Just Spotted the Lizard and stamped with Coco-a-gogo from the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri series.  Please bear with me on my photos.  I'm really trying to improve the quality, but it seems to be getting worse in my attempts to improve.





 
At first glance, I thought this was a stone path.  Especially the top outline image.


I used Just Spotted the Lizard as a base to pass it off as a turtle design.  In my head,
this was going to look awesome.


After the image was stamped, it's now pretty obvious that it's a
giraffe design.




I need to pick up a tan base and redo this image.  China Glaze has their Safari collection
coming out soon.


Here are a couple swatches of Just Spotted the Lizard.  This is one of my new
favorite polishes.  I just love the shifting color of the duochrome.




No comments:

Post a Comment