Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Tribal

There are so many fun polishes to try this summer-liquid sand, fuzzy coats, and all the vivid summer colors.  It could run a polish hoarder broke.  I have been showing restraint and have been very selective about my purchases.  The Sally Hansen Insta-Dri has some vivid limited edition colors with a swim team theme.  I only grabbed one that was truly unique to my collection, Man-Go Team.  It's not really a mango color, more of a fluorescent  cantaloupe.  Sally Hansen also released Sugar Coats and Fuzzy Coats.  The Sugar Coats didn't appeal to me, but I have a love/hate relationship with the Fuzzy Coats.  I love the idea of it, it costs less than Nails Inc. and is more readily available, plus all of the color combo possibilities.  The part I have been having trouble with is removing it.  The "fuzzies" seem to be plastic bar glitter that does not remove easily.  Not any harder than a glitter bomb, it takes just as much effort. 
For the tribal. I used Man-go Team on the middle and ring and also for the stamping (Insta-Dri polishes are great stampers).  I taped it off and used 2 generous coats of All Yarned Up.   For the base on the pointer and pinkie is the duochrome version of Not Like the Movies. 


2 comments:

  1. Pretty! I am not a big orange fan but I am coming around and this helps me like it more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been going for bright accents instead of full, eye-searing bright. Last summer I had a full fluorescent yellow and that got too much attention. Lol.

      Delete